We are looking for a full-time, experienced commercial flooring Assistant Project Manager to join our Operations team and manage projects. Duties include assisting Project Manager and coordinating with General Contractors and Vendors, overseeing Superintendents and the installation works, scheduling, submittals, procurement of materials, close-outs, punch-lists, shop -drawings, budgets, etc.
- Assist Project Manager with all project management related activities
- Submit the Samples and the products data required for the submittal process and track the responses to the submittals.
- Confirm the Takeoff/Estimating Quantities before placing your orders. That means doing a fresh takeoff of the entire project and comparing it with the bid takeoff.
- Place material orders with vendors after the submittals have been approved and the contract executed to ensure timely delivery onsite to meet ROJ (Required on Job) dates
- Track the orders and coordinating the deliveries between the Suppliers, our Field Supervision and the GCs.
- Schedule the Field crews for the installation of the work.
- Prepare and issue Installers work orders
- Oversee the field operations (manpower and installations) to guarantee the work is done according to the plans, the project specifications, and the job completion schedule.
- Prepare and Submit monthly Pay Applications to the GCs
- Prepare Installers weekly pay applications based on work progress.
- Quantify, Price and Submit Change Orders in a timely manner
- Close-out the project by managing the completion of the punch list and the issuance of the warranty and maintenance files to the GC
- Keep the PROJECT TRACKING files up-to-date
- Previous experience in operations or other related fields in the construction industry
- Strong project management skills
- Experience with Microsoft Project or other similar software
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Computer proficiency with MS Office